Transportation Lean Forum
- North Dakota DOT – Transportation Innovations Program Homepage
The homepage of the North Dakota DOT Transportation Innovations Program, or TRIP.
- ITD District Four Signal Light Innovation
This video from the Idaho Transportation Department describes an innovative signal light best practice that allows practitioners to maintain and repair signal lights efficiently.
- ITD Innovation
As part of a series of videos on ITD's Best of the Best program, this video provides an overview of the continuous improvement efforts undertaken at ITD.
- Idaho Transportation Department Best of the Best
This video covers the ITD Best of the Best Awards in 2016, including information on the winners and improvements to the program itself, which encourages continuous improvement.
- Ohio DOT Office of Employee Development and Lean Homepage
This site-specific webpage outlines Ohio DOT's continuous improvement efforts.
- Missouri DOT Innovations Challenge
This state-specific webpage provides an overview of Missouri DOT's Innovations Challenge program.
- Colorado DOT Process Improvement Homepage
This state-specific webpage communicates ongoing process improvement efforts at Colorado DOT.
- A Guide to Agency-Wide Knowledge Management for State Departments of Transportation
This guide was developed because KM offers promising solutions to DOT challenges, yet relatively few DOTs have implemented agency-wide approaches to KM.
- NCHRP Synthesis 362 – Training Programs, Processes, Policies, and Practices
This synthesis report addresses challenges and related to establishing and strengthening state DOT training, development, and education programs.
- State DOT CEO Leadership Forum – Pilot Study of State-Driven Performance-Based Management Reporting
The objective of this research project was to plan, organize, and hold a DOT CEO Management Forum.
- Definitive Guide to the Leadership Behaviors that Create a Culture of Continuous Improvement
This guide provides informational support for organization leaders who seek to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Highway Agency Lean Maturity Assessment Toolkit
This toolkit is aimed to help organizations in the Highway Agency's supply chain to determine the extent to which they have transformed themselves to adopt Lean principles in line with the Agency.
- MAPSS Performance Improvement Program
This collection of documents focuses on the Wisconsin DOT's five main goals and additional performance measures for the MAPSS Performance Improvement Program.
- Oversize/Overweight Permits
This report provides an overview and the updated results of the Oversize / Overweight Permits Process Improvement Project.
- WisDOT Lean Government Initiative
This collection of documents includes the Lean project results for every project within the Wisconsin DOT Government Initiative.
- The Delivery Hub Health, Safety and Environment Raising the Bar 21
The objective of this “Raising the Bar” document is to highlight some of the lean tools and techniques, which demonstrate a positive impact on Health, Safety and Well-being.
- Employee Engagement that Works: Continuous Improvement in New Brunswick
This article provides insight into New Brunswick's successful Continuous Improvement initiative through four key elements.
- CI Concepts and Tools
This document provides a comprehensive list of Continuous Improvement tools.
- Process Improvement Calculations and Tools
This document consists of descriptions of various process improvement measurement tools and when to use them.
- Leading and Supporting Improvement Projects
This guide provides informational support to assist agencies planning and supporting a Continuous Improvement project.