- Management and Use of Data for Transportation Performance Management: Guide for Practitioners
This report provides practical guidance to transportation agencies to help improve their use of data for performance management.
- AASHTO’s VP Victoria Sheehan Leads a Panel on Asset Management at TRB 2020
This video, captured at the 2020 TRB annual meeting, follows Victoria Sheehan Commissioner of the New Hampshire DOT and AASHTO's 2019-2020 vice president leading a panel discussion on the importance of asset management.
- Visualizing Statewide Trips: Tools to Leverage GPS Data in Transportation Planning
With funding from the NITC, the University of Utah has developed a suite of visual analysis tools for transportation agencies that uses GPS trajectory data to model and analyze mobility trends.
- FDOT Source Book
The 2019 FDOT Source Book is a summary of Florida's current and historical mobility data, which features numerous charts and diagrams for data visualization.
- PennDOT TSMO Performance Report 2020
The 4th Edition of the TSMO Performance Report provides several analyses and data comparisons of recent Pennsylvania transportation system performance data.
- MnDOT — Understanding Performance Management Factsheet
This factsheet, available from the MinnesotaGO performance dashboard, describes how MnDOT uses state and federal performance measures
- 2019 Transportation Performance Management Peer Exchange – Summary Report
This report summarized the proceedings of the 2019 TPM Peer Exchange held in St. Paul, Minnesota on November 14-15, 2019.
- Performance Management Reporting Peer Exchange Final Report – NCHRP Project 20-24 Task 124
The goal of the Peer Exchange was to help DOTs develop a toolkit and strategies for communicating the difference between state and Federal pavement performance in a consistent narrative
- Navigating the Labyrinth: An Executive Guide to Data Management
Navigating the Labyrinth focuses your attention on what you need to know to help your organization build trust in and get value out of its data.
- Minnesota DOT ERM Scenario Analysis
This presentation provides an overview of Minnesota DOT's risk-based scenario analysis approach.
- Illinois All-Hazards Transportation System Presentation
This presentation on Illinois All-Hazards Transportation System was delivered to the Technical Subcommittee by Christopher Schmidt on Risk Management on November 13, 2018.
- Uses of Geospatial Applications for Transportation Performance Management
This report examines how a number of state DOTs have used Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications as part of their TPM programs and efforts.
- Next Generation Performance Monitoring Data Needs for Nevada DOT
This report examines Nevada DOT (NDOT)’s state-of-practice for performance measurement, and focuses on federal requirements for traveler information mandated by SAFETEA-LU Section 1201 Real-Time System Management Information Program
- Setting priorities: Georgia DOT assesses its state highway system and yields priority criteria
This article examines how Georgia's DOT developed a working priority scheme for the maintenance of its highway and road infrastructure.
- A Multi-Perspective Study On Safety Performance at the Colorado DOT
This report, the second of a two-part research effort, sought to determine how to improve the effectiveness of safety programs and safety culture at CDOT.
- Missouri CAMPO MPO Safety and Transit Targets – TIP Update
This example MPO TIP update from the Missouri Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) includes coordinated safety and transit targets.
- Ohio DOT: Making the Pavement Management System Work to Support Asset Management – 2018 San Diego TRB TAM Conference
About Ohio DOT's mission to make the Pavement Management System better align with Asset Management needs and regulations.
- NYSDOT’s System of Engagement – 2018 San Diego TRB TAM Conference
Overview of New York DOT's development of a single, shared, authoritative destination for data and information.
- Rural County Pavement Preservation Planning in Minnesota – 2018 San Diego TRB TAM Conference
Details pavement Asset Management Planning in rural Minnesota.
- Implementation of a MODA Approach for Prioritization of Asset Investments for Caltrans – 2018 San Diego TRB TAM Conference
About the Multiple-Objective Decision Analysis (MODA) Approach for Prioritization of Asset Investments at Caltrans.
See the FHWA TPM website for federal requirements.