- State DOT COVID-19 Response Survey: Use of Transportation Data and Information for Decision Makers
This document summarizes results of an AASHTO survey on transportation agency responses to COVID-19.
- TPM Webinar 1 – TPM Best Practices
This webinar featured presentations of TPM best practices at transportation agencies.
- “COVID-19 and Data” CPBM System Mobility and Emerging Technology Subcommittee Bi-Monthly Meeting
In light of the current COVID-19 crisis, the CPBM System Mobility and Emerging Technology Subcommittee hosted a webinar-style meeting—in place of their usual bi-monthly conference call—to share resources relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Data Sharing Guidance for Public Transit Agencies – Now and in the Future
This report aims to help transit agencies make decisions about data sharing by outlining how agencies can evaluate the benefits, costs, and risks of sharing data.
- A Guidebook for Sustainability Performance Measurement for Transportation Agencies
NCHRP Report 708 provides an overview of sustainability in relation to the transportation industry, including an exploration of performance measures that can help agencies assess their sustainability goals.
- Leadership’s Guide to Emerging Highway Preservation, Maintenance, and Renewal Practices
This report is directed at transportation agency leaders with the goal of stimulating interest in emerging highway infrastructure practices.
- Practitioner’s Guide to Emerging Highway Preservation, Maintenance, and Renewal Practices
This report is directed at transportation practitioners and provides 16 best practices for highway preservation, maintenance, and renewal.
- Existing and Emerging Highway Infrastructure Preservation, Maintenance, and Renewal Definitions, Practices, and Scenarios
This document contains appendices for NCHRP Report 750.
- Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volume 7: Preservation, Maintenance, and Renewal of Highway Infrastructure
As new innovations and technologies continue to shift the forecast for the transportation industry in the long-term, this report outlines the performance management best practices for highway infrastructure.
- Airport Risk Identification and Prioritization Practices
This synthesis report provides information about the existing tools that airports use for identifying common hazards and the processes used for measuring, monitoring, and prioritizing the associated risks.
- Guidelines for Collecting, Applying, and Maintaining Pavement Condition Data at Airports
This report provides guidance on the collection, use, maintenance, and application of pavement condition data at airports.
- Common Performance Metrics for Airport Infrastructure and Operational Planning
This report serves as a reference guide and introduces common performance metrics for airport infrastructure and operational planning.
- Transit Service Evaluation Standards
This synthesis report provides an overview of the purpose, use, and application of performance measures, service evaluation standards, and data collection methods at North American transit agencies.
- Quantifying the Effects of Preservation Treatments on Pavement Performance
This report presents a proposed framework that uses performance measures to quantify the changes in pavement performance in terms of condition, service life, and life-cycle costs.
- Analyzing Data for Measuring Transportation Performance by State DOTs and MPOs
This synthesis report summarizes what data state departments of transportation (DOTs) and metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) are using and how they are measuring transportation performance.
- Performance Measures in Snow and Ice Control Operations
This report presents approaches for monitoring the performance of snow and ice control activities by public agencies and proposes a core set of performance measures that can be customized and used by agencies to meet their snow and ice control objectives.
- Right-Sizing Transportation Investments: A Guidebook for Planning and Programming
This report provides a guideline for identifying right-sizing opportunities where greater social and economic value can be realized by repurposing, reusing, or fundamentally resizing existing transportation system assets.
- Managing Performance and Assets; Freight Data and Visualization
TRB’s Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2646 consists of 10 papers that explore freight data and asset management.
- Benchmarking and Comparative Measurement for Effective Performance Management by Transportation Agencies
This report presents guidance and examples for selection of peer groups to ensure that benchmarking is effectively applied to enhance transportation system performance.
- Management and Use of Data for Transportation Performance Management: Guide for Practitioners
This report provides practical guidance to transportation agencies to help improve their use of data for performance management.
See the FHWA TPM website for federal requirements.