- Transportation Performance Measures for Outcome Based System Management and Monitoring
- Developing Hybrid Measures of Performance for Signalized Intersections
- Measuring Arterial System Performance
- Data Driven Performance Measures for Effective Management of Complex Transportation Networks
- Lean Six Sigma
This tool provides information and guidance on the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control methodology.
- Lean Rapid Improvement Events – Go or No Go Criteria
This tool is a checklist for the major elements needed to implement a successful Lean Rapid Improvement Event.
- Lean Primer
This document provides background information and guidance on Lean Thinking.
- LeanOhio Tool Kit for Improvement
This LeanOhio toolkit includes detailed descriptions of common tools that yield significant improvements in an agency's workplace.
- IDEO Shopping Cart Project
This video serves as a Lean Tool and shows the IDEO Shopping Cart Project's DeepDive methodology in practice.
- Draw a Pig: Standard Work Exercise
This exercise was originally created by the Minnesota Office of Continuous Improvement as a standard work tool for Lean methodology.
- 6S (5S) Evaluation and Implementation Tool
This tool provides guidance for the 6S method that is crucial to the Lean approach.
- 2013: Summary of Extreme Government Makeover: Increasing our Capacity to Do More Good
This summary addresses the reference "Extreme Government Makeover: Increasing our Capacity to Do More Good", which discusses the lack of capacity with government agencies and how to improve this dilemma.
- 2015-present: Process of Improvement Project at CDOT
This tool provides status updates for Colorado DOT's larger improvement projects as of March 2015.
- 2013: Summary of Results from CDOT Improvements
This webpage provides two summaries of results from Colorado DOT's improvement efforts in 2013.
- 2011: Lean Projects of the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
This webpage provides information about Colorado DOT's full incorporation of Lean principles into its Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- 2012 – present: Everyday Ideas Success Stories at CDOT
This tool provides all of the Colorado DOT's Lean Everyday Ideas from 2012 to present.
- Summary of “We Don’t Make Widgets”
This webpage summarizes the reference "We Don't Make Widgets" that discusses the three major myths that inhibit government agencies from continuous improvement.
- Lean Project Charter with Guidelines
This tool provides a template and guidelines for a Lean Project Charter.
- LEAN Ohio Training: “Leaning Up State Government: It Can Be Done”
This tool includes a recorded webcast and slides originally presented by LeanOhio on the state's continuous improvement efforts.
- Lean Techniques: VSM Event Scope and Team Selection
This video provides informational support on determining the appropriate scope of a value stream mapping events and the key considerations for selecting a team for the VSM event.
See the FHWA TPM website for federal requirements.