AASHTO Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Calculator Demo | VideoWebinar/VideoEmissions, Environment, Resilience, System Performance
AASHTO has updated its Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Performance Calculator tool for estimating GHG emissions based on FHWA’s Final Rule (National Performance Management Measures; Assessing Performance of the National Highway System, Greenhouse Gas Emissions Measure) published on 12/7/23.
This tool was developed to help States calculate base year (2022) GHG emissions and test the sensitivity of future GHG emissions to various inputs.
The Committee on Performance-Based Management (CPBM) hosted a webinar to provide a demo of the GHG Performance Calculator.
During this webinar, PIARC’s Technical Committee on the Performance of Transport Administrations (TC 1.1) presented the achievements of the Committee over the current work cycle (2020-2023) and shared with the AASHTO community their presentations from the 2023 Prague World Road Congress, which was the culmination of PIARC’s cycle.
The agenda included:
Introduction (Christos Xenophontos)
FHWA: Importance of International Programs & Collaboration
AASHTO: Partnership with PIARC (King Gee)
PIARC: Introduction on World Road Congress (WRC) (Patrick Mallejacq)
Work Group 1 Highlights – Customer Experience & Public Value Creation (Ilaria Coppa & Deanna Belden)
Work Group 2 Highlights – The Role of Transport Agencies in Shaping Disruptive Technologies & Service Models (Anne-Séverine Poupeleer & Jonathan Spear)
Work Group 3 Highlights – Defining & Promoting Diversity & Talent Management: (José Manuel Blanco Segarra & Karen Bobo)
Conclusions and What is Next for PIARC and TC 1.1 (Christos Xenophontos)
TPM Webinar 18: FHWA and State DOT TPM Roundtable | VideoWebinar/Video
TPM Webinar 18 featured an FHWA and State DOT TPM Roundtable. FHWA Central Office and Division staff participated in a dialogue with State DOTs around TPM topics. Please see the slide deck attached below. NOTE: Other resources from the webinar are listed below:
TAM Webinar 63: Consistency Reporting | VideoWebinar/Video
AASHTO CPBM/TPM TSP Quarterly Meeting June 2023 | VideoWebinar/Video
The feature topic for this meeting was Significant Progress Determination (SPD) Findings. Christos Xenophontos with the Rhode Island DOT kicked off this quarterly meeting with a warm welcome and agenda overview. Then we'll hear updates from AASHTO and FHWA. In the feature presentation, Kelly Morton with FHWA shared SPD findings on safety. Additionally, FHWA presented SPD findings from the NHPP & NHFP Analysis.
The meeting featured updates from the following groups: System Mobility and Emerging Technology (SMET) Joint Subcommittee, Policy and Rulemaking Work Group, Research Work Group, Professional Development and Technical Services Coordinating Subcommittee, Task Force on Emerging Performance Areas, Organizational Management Subcommittee, Risk Management Subcommittee, and the Asset Management Subcommittee.
- Contact Christos or Jean by 6-22 if interested in any of the Co-Chair openings (Policy & Rulemaking, Risk Management, System Mobility and Emerging Technologies)
- Save the date for the TPM Peer Exchange and Annual CPBM Business meeting on Sept 11-13 at Colorado DOT in Denver
- Sign up for the AASHTO TPM TSP (technical services program) which starts again on July 1 – contact Kyla from AASHTO if interested
- Register by June 8 to get a discount to attend the TRB TAM Conference, July 8-11 in Boston
- Consider being a panel member on an NCHRP research project, volunteer at:https://volunteer.mytrb.org/Panel/AvailableProjects
- Take advantage and share resources / training/ webinars developed by the TPM Pooled Fund at: The TPM Portal (tpm-portal.com) or the The TAM Portal (tam-portal.com)
Identify others in your agency who can participate in an AASHTO Subcommittee, Workgroup or Task Force– anyone from your organization can participate!
- The SMET Joint Subcommittee would also like to highlight an open leadership position for the role of Vice Chair/Co-Vice Chair. See the attached position posting and contact SMET Joint Subcommittee Chair Daniella Bremmer if you have any questions or interest in the role.
TPM Webinar 17: Agency Innovations and Improvements Blitz | VideoWebinar/Video
CPBM OM Subcommittee Chair, Gary Vansuch with the Colorado DOT, gave a topic introduction to TPM Webinar 17: Agency Innovations and Improvements Blitz . In this webinar, we heard from numerous TPM leaders as they shared their agency innovations and improvements “popcorn style”.
Find attached the Zoom Chat comments for resources and links mentioned during the webinar: https://www.tpm-portal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2023/01/TPM-Webinar-17-Chat-Comments-230524.pdf
TAM Webinar 62: TRB TAM Conference Preview | VideoWebinar/Video
In TAM Webinar 62, we heard from numerous presenters about tracks and select sessions from the upcoming TRB TAM Conference. Resources linked in the Zoom chat during the webinar are provided here:
TPM Webinar 16: Caltran's Performance Management Framework | VideoWebinar/Video
In this webinar, Mike Johnson dove deep into Caltran's performance management framework. Johnson gave an overview of the development of Caltrans' Operational Plans, spending time unpacking the TPM component of the plans. He covered Caltrans' integration with Performance Based Planning and Programming (PBPP) and spent time reviewing their organizational performance outcomes. At the end of his presentation, Johnson fielded questions from webinar attendees.
AASHTO CPBM/TPM TSP Quarterly Meeting – March 2023 | VideoWebinar/Video
The March 23, 2023 joint meeting of the AASHTO Committee on Performance Based Management and the Transportation Performance Management Technical Service Program provides an update on the progress of the committee and TSP. The featured topic was the Next Era of Transportation: Vision/Moonshots.
- Sign up for Research Symposium on Mar 27 – register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0kdO2hqD8oHtA2HaUduwtfBCBWDtPh7UrE
- Save the Date: Sep 11-13 in Denver, CO for Annual CPBM meeting along with a peer exchange
- Participate in an AASHTO Subcommittee, Workgroup or Task Force– anyone from your organization can participate!
- Sign up for the AASHTO TPM TSP (technical services program): contact Christos Xenophontos if interested: [email protected]
- Take advantage and share resources / training/ webinars developed by the TPM Pooled Fund at: The TPM Portal (tpm-portal.com)
TAM Webinar 61 - TAM Innovations | VideoAsset Management, Bridge, Pavement, Safety
The webinar features four presentations on TAM Innovations. We heard first from Justin Bruner who presented on PennDOT's open source asset management systems, OSS-1 and OSS-2. Next, Trisha Stefanski of MnDOT explained how Minnesota is incorporating TAM into their Strategic Action Plan. Then, Chris Whipple shared how UDOT is leveraging the TAM Data Assistant and other NCHRP produced tools to advance. Finally, Mike Johnson of Caltrans shared how California has been using TAM to find new opportunities for improving performance in a safety context.
This TPM webinar opens with a welcome and introduction from Christos Xenophontos from the Rhode Island DOT, followed by short FHWA and AASHTO perspectives on this topic.
Following the introduction, state DOT TPM practitioners from each track of the AASHTO 2022 Conference present their reflections:
Ryan Huff, Nebraska DOT - Summary from the Planning Committee
Deanna Belden, Minnesota DOT - Performance Management Track Reflection
Jessica Griffin, New Mexico DOT - Planning Track Reflection
TAM Webinar 60 - TAM and Resilience Building: Takeaways from the TAM Peer Exchange | VideoWebinar/VideoAsset Management, Bridge, Pavement, Resilience, System Performance
This webinar goes over the takeaways from the AASHTO 2022 Conference on Performance-Based Management, Planning, and Data Peer Exchange session on incorporating Resiliency in TAM.
Panelist Presentation slides from the conference's TAM Resiliency Peer Exchange